Ingredients for Sushi Rice
320g cooked Japanese rice
60g sushi rice vinegar
Instructions for Sushi Rice
1. Prepare sushi vinegar by mixing rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a wooden bowl.
2. Spread the hot steamed rice into a large plate or a large bowl. While it’s hot, sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the rice and fold the rice by using rice spatula quickly.
3. Must keep the rice covered with a wet towel.
Ingredients for Gunkan Maki
30g x 2pcs sushi rice
1/7 x 2pcs Nori (Japanese seaweed)
2 - 3 SERVINGS
Instructions for Gunkan Maki
1. Take a Nori sheet and cut a long strip of it. Cut it about 4 cm high long strip.
2. Take about two tablespoons of sushi rice in your hand and lightly shape it into an oval.
3. Take a Nori strip and wrap it around the rice. The Nori should be higher than the rice.
4. Place about a tablespoon of Ebiko on top of the base.